Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Silhouette Art

Had an idea for different kinds of silhouette art. And here is one of my creations.


Materials:
  • 1 Canvas or posterboard. (Size doesn't matter, whatever you prefer.)
  • A few different colors of paint. (I only used 4, but you can certainly use as many as you'd like.)
  • A pencil and eraser.
  • A few paint brushes.
  • Optional: A picture of a silhouette. 
Steps:

    1.   Draw the silhouette onto the canvas with your pencil. Or you can do as I did - I printed a few pictures of the internet, cut them out, and traced them onto the canvas. I'm not great at free hand drawing so it really helped me out a lot.
   
 2.   Paint in the silhouettes. 


         And of course before you paint them in, make sure everything is where you want it to be. Once you start painting it'll be pretty hard to change things.

    3. After you've chosen your colors you can start to paint in you section. As you can see I chose to break it up into 4 sections, but of course you can do as many as you'd like. My canvas wasn't too big so 4 was a good number for me.    






     
      4. This step is optional. My painting kinda had a theme to it so I decided to add some lyrics to go with it. I chose a few lines from "Everything" by Lifehouse.
     
      5.  Be creative. This art can just be something cool, or it can express a bit of you. Everyone is different so go with things you love.

Have fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment